Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Random Occasion #4

Yesterday I told myself I needed to take the day off and rest up. I decided to make this card anyway and ended up paying a hefty price. My back is hurting so much that it's affecting my stomach and I also cut up my finger badly on the new blade of my paper cutter. Ack!

I've only had this new cardstock and cute stamp set for one day but for the longest time I've been dying to (1) stitch a card, (2) use cardstock that looks like cardboard, and (3) make a tall card that opens from the bottom. I did all three here and even though the stitches aren't perfect and I wish I stamped the image and sentiment in brown ink, I love how it turned out. The multi-directional ribbon keeps the whole thing looking whimsical which really suits the cookie monster... er, dog... bear?



Let me tell you a funny story about why I bought this stamp set. The moment I saw it, I immediately thought of my husband's Babo. For those of you who aren't familiar with Uglydolls, Babo is essentially the star of the Uglyverse and he loves cookies. I even made him a bunch of cookies from felt.

Sources: SBD and Halcraft cardstock; Provo Craft paper; Inkadinkado Cookies for Life stamp set; Memories Black ink; Copic markers; Offray ribbons; American Crafts brads in chestnut

No comments: