Saturday, June 20, 2009

For My Husband

It's been a few days since I made a card because my back has really been hurting me. I've been using my regular cardmaking time to lie down and rest whenever my baby is napping. It has helped a little but not as much as I had hoped. I was able to get to the chiropractor this week but I still need to find time for a massage. It's been a busy week! Yesterday I got my first haircut in eight months and today I went to my first Copic markers class. Taking some time for myself the last two days gave me a bit of energy to finish this card that I started midweek.

There was no doubt I was going to use my new Verve stamps to make this very special first Father's Day card for my wonderful husband and best friend! I just love the shape of these clouds and popped one off the page with dimension squares. I decided to hide a sun behind it, but if you look around or behind the clouds you can see the entire sun which is what happens in reality! I hadn't used that sun punch in a long time. I just love that fence so much I had to use it again. Instead of creating grass the way I did here, I decided to use the tearing edge which I also hadn't used in a while. I created depth for the different sized trees by using two different greens and tucking the small tree between the layers. To finish, I rounded the edges of the sentiments with another pair of scissors and added dimension squares to World's Best and FATHER. Funny how I didn't use Copics at all for this card. The different coloured papers were pretty enough on their own and I guess I needed a break from colouring! This card was a nice way to use both old and new supplies. It was raining all day today so I had to hold up a lamp and use the flash to get enough light but this made the card photograph very flat and yellow. Tomorrow when the sun is out, I'll try to take some better pictures.


Sources: SBD & Halcraft cardstock; Provo Craft paper; Verve May 2009 Collection; Memories Black ink; Marvy-Uchida sun punch; SU tearing edge; Martha Stewart picket fence border punch; Fiskars Seagull paper edger; Dimension squares

1 comment:

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Love how you used DP here instead of inking. I really need to learn to work with DP (I'm DP challenged!).