Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hooty Birthday

I can't believe it's been a week since I made a card. There's been a lot going on, including a car accident last week, so I haven't been feeling the greatest or had any energy. I probably should've napped this afternoon but I wanted to make a card because I thought it would make me feel better and it did!

I have a few birthday cards to make for the end of this month so I thought I would get cracking on them. I wanted to use the same dp that I used here and thought a paper pieced party owl would be perfect with it. The bright colours made it come together easily. I just love this Pink Cat Studio Q.T. Hooty and thought I would redo this card. Whenever I look at the owl, I can't help but add googly eyes to it! I think my favourite part of this card though is the texturized mylar balloon.

Sources: The Paper Company weave white cardstock; Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday Wednesday & Provo Craft papers; The Japanese Paper Place origami foil; Pink Cat Studio Q.T. Hooty; Memories Black ink; Copics; Craft Medley googly eyes; SU Tangerine Tango 5/8" ribbon; dimension squares

3 comments:

nay1980 said...

i love your card its my birthday tomorrow and would love your card :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Emioly I love your owl, so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Pretty darn cute girl!