Friday, January 8, 2010

Floral Birthday

A friend ordered a birthday card for her mom who lives in Vancouver and requested a garden theme with pinks and blues. This is what I came up with in an hour while my son was napping but the most shocking thing is that I used my SU Botanical Blooms set. I've loved this set since the day I choose it as a freebie but I've never been able to make something with it that made me really happy. Since Valentine's Day is approaching and I have an abundance of pink papers, the timing couldn't have been more perfect. I was working on some other cards but when this idea popped into my head I couldn't take the chance of losing inspiration!

Sources: AC textured cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Basic Grey Urban Prairie Petticoat dp; SU Botanical Blooms (the vase is from a very old set of unknown brand); Imaginisce All Kinds of Happy; Verve Because of You; SU Rose Red & Taken With Teal inks; Pebbles chalks; Fiskars Apron Lace border punch; Lewiscraft 24 gauge stainless steel wire; Urban Scrapyard ribbon; Basic Grey button; Darice hemp cord; Gutermann thread; dimension squares

6 comments:

Inkerbelle said...

How lovely!! Seeing this inspires me to pull out my un-inked Botanical Blooms.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so pretty.

Silli said...

Hello dear Emily, your card is so beautiful...I love the border and the flowers... Very pretty! Hugs

Stamp and Smile said...

Another fresh and fun card! LOVE the button treatment and these dashing colors... SMILES! :)

Anonymous said...

Emily Emily!!! Beautiful card!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous birthday card! Your color combo is wonderful! I love the sewing and your button too!!