Friday, February 5, 2010

Emboss Resist with PTI

Today's Day 5 of Papertrey Ink's 3rd anniversary celebrations and Nichole Heady has a wonderful tutorial on the emboss resist technique. Nichole makes it look so easy and all the samples were so beautiful that they inspired me to make a card using this technique. I didn't have a lot of time and my son got pretty impatient with me after he got bored with his crayons. I had to give him my ribbon tape and a ruler to keep busy. LOL

To make this card, I also decided to try out Dawn McVey's poofy flowers as shown in her tutorial here. I stamped text from PTI's Background Basics: Text Style II at an angle and then clear embossed the polka dotted small heart from PTI's Heart Prints set across the text. I sponged SU inks in light and dark pinks across the hearts which you can see better in the close up photo. It created a beautiful effect with so much depth that I'm going to have to use this technique more often! The third thing I learned from this experience is that I need to purchase graded colours of inks. Therefore, it would be an absolute dream to win all of PTI's inks!

Sources: SU Kraft & Real Red cardstock; AC textured pink cardstock; PTI Background Basics: Text Style II; PTI Heart Prints; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; SU Pink Pirouette & Rose Red inks; Zig Emboss Writer; The Old Island Stamp Co. clear embossing powder; Hobby Hot Boss; SU scallop trim border & scallop circle punch; Forever in Time button; Darice hemp cord

2 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Emily, this is fantastic! Love the way you did the emboss resist with this! Lovely card!

Alyssa B said...

Nice card- and thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!