Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thinking of You... Again

Today's card uses the same idea as yesterday's post but incorporates a few other elements. I wanted to use the medium and small hot air balloon dies in the same way since they were already cut out. Originally, I was going to make separate cards with each flower but they just looked better together! Since neither a standard card nor a square card worked with this layout, I made this one rather big. It's 4" x 9" and fits into a business-sized envelope, so I guess you could say that's pretty standard, too!

While I was typing in my sources for this card, I realized I had incorrectly sourced the centre circle for yesterday's flower. I used the smallest circle from my nesties whereas today's flowers used SU's smallest circle punches. I added some sparkles to each flower and cut out my own leaves from stamped text. My inspiration for the polka dot background came from Meg's paper flowers. I love how she used larger dots for the bigger petals so I used small dots on the bottom to match the smaller flower and larger dots on the top to match the large flower. Then I added some journalling lines on each side in opposite ink colours to contrast with the flowers.

Thanks to everyone for sending good wishes and hugs to Pit'r. So far, she's still doing well and we hope it continues. Last night, she actually slept with us on the bed for the first time in years. She hasn't done that since we lived in San Diego from 2004-2006! I hope everyone's enjoying the lovely weekend. I'll be back soon with some baby cards. :)

Sources: SU Kraft & Naturals Ivory cardstock; PTI Up, Up and Away; PTI Fillable Frames #4; PTI Fillable Frames #2; PTI Background Basics: Text Style II; PTI Polka Dot Basics II; PTI Top Ten; SU Kiwi Kiss and Pink Passion inks; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Versafine Watermark ink; PTI Up, Up and Away die; PTI Fillable Frames #4 die; QuicKutz Epic Six; SU 1/2" and 3/4" circle punches; PSX Diamond Sparkles; Glue Dots pop up relief

6 comments:

Angela said...

Hooray for more balloon flowers! I love the colors, and the way you nestled the label into the green flower. Quite nice!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Pit'r. And I should really post pics of one of our cats -- she's currently wearing a tiny turtleneck made from a sock. That's a whole other story....

Lynn said...

Emily,
This is adorable. I love your style of cards...the variety of background stamps is awesome!

Meg said...

WOw! I am loving those balloon-flowers in every size!! And the one overlapping petal = perfection! I'm liking this card size, too; I always think about doing 3.5 x 6, but never 4x9! And you're making me blush saying that *I* inspired *you*!!

That's so sweet that Pit'r is wanting some extra lovin'...and I'm sure you're very willing to give her some!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the background stamps and what a clever idea to use the words for part of the flowers.

slinkycat said...

Another fabulous card!
I hope your kitty is feeling better :( So awful when they're ill.
Thanks for your lovely comments too :)

Leanne x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, Emily. I love the flowers, and the text leaves are inspired. I really hope Pit'r carries on improving x