Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Song in My Heart

Hello, how are you doing? I'm still battling extreme exhaustion and I'm afraid I've developed a bit of insomnia but I'm trying desperately to find a solution because I'm not having any fun! I haven't been crafted all week (all my posts were scheduled) but I've been jotting down a lot of ideas in my little journal. In a rare moment when I had some energy, I started tidying up the small area where I keep my craft supplies and found these notecards. I made these back in November and completely forgot them about so I thought I would post them now for your enjoyment. :)

I used the wonderful Ippity set Sing a New Song to make this set of notecards. I started by stamping the scalloped border on all four sides, double-stamped the sprigs in a darker shade of green and then the sentiment in black. These were so quick and easy to make! It only takes a couple of minutes to make each notecard and these could easily be replicated for quick, economical gifts. It would also be fun to swap out the sprigs and sentiment for the music notes and alternate sentiment in this set.

Sources: SU Whisper White cardstock; Ippity Sing a New Song; SU Wild Wasabi & Garden Green inks; Memento Tuxedo Black ink

22 comments:

Julie said...

These are so pretty Emily! Love the scalloped border, flowers, and sentiment! Fabulous one layer card!

Shauna K said...

these are super cute!! love the "shadowed" plant and the LO is wonderful!! :D

Yvonne Russell said...

What a lovely set. I love the positive sentiment and the delicate fronds.

Hope you feel better soon.

Lindsey said...

That must have been a pleasant discovery on your desk -- and a nice sentiment to read on a less than perfect day. (I think you need a vacation!) These make such a pretty set.

Virginia L. said...

These are delightful, especially seeing in the sea of white stuff outside...Hope you get some needed sleep and get over the exsaustion soon! Hugs!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I LOVE these cards, Emily! So sorry about the insomnia. I go through stages and do that and it makes for a bad week! I hope Mr. Sandman comes to visit you soon!

Hugs!

Janna Werner said...

sweet cas cards, emily! take good care of urself, get well. thinking of you, janna.

Lynn said...

Quick and stunning...love this set. I hope you are feeling better soon... I have been thinking of you!

farmhouse-story said...

love your use of the scalloped border, emily! hope you have a better week:)

Jen W. said...

These are lovely, Emily - simple but elegant.
I hope your insomnia lifts soon - I am sending big hugs and sleepy vibes your way.

Karen B. said...

Great cards, here's to hoping you feel better.

Meg said...

Great set! I hope you get some good sleepy-sleep soon!

Pam said...

Such a very pretty set and I will save that sentiment in my brain today - now just what kind of song will it be? Hmmmm - time to check the playlist. Hope you're back to your perky self soon.

Angela said...

Bonus! I love finding things I've forgotten about -- and your find is really cute! Love all the green.

Good luck with the sleep -- that can't be fun :(

Anne Tussing said...

So sweet and pretty! I hope that you get some sleep and feel better soon! Maybe some hot decaf tea before bed....

Cookie said...

How pretty and I LOVE the sentiment...And speaking of a song in your heart I hope you have one today being the Featured Stamper over at SCS! I am so happy for you! Congrats...You have always been one of my Favorites! Hugs...Cookie :D

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Ha, now I know there is someone out there work just like me, same here Emily, I have been suffering a long week of health issue, work issue, that I really can't find energy to go into the craft room, and just like you, my blog is always pre-scheduled 5 - 7 days ahead of time, and when I have nothing new to show, going through my folder and find something that I haven't share is what I would do.
I do enjoy this lovely set, simply light and refreshing!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Simple, yet still interesting. I really like that scallop.
Insomnia tip (from a friend who was so bad sleeping pills did not help) - do not do anything exciting - buy the most boring book and if you are up get out of bed and read it. If you need more tips let me know and I will ask her for more :>)

Sunghee said...

So sorry Em, hope you'll feel better. Lovely cards. You always inspire me.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful notecards!

Monique said...

Hi Emily... Love this sweet cards :)..I am so sorry to hear about your insomnia I hope you feel better soon!!

Alice said...

lovely set! love the stamped borders!