Monday, March 26, 2012

Cards from Friends & Family

It's time I shared all the cards I've received from friends and family in the past three months. This includes the Valentine and Anniversary cards from my husband that you've been begging to see! There are a lot of cards to show so I will try to keep my yapping to a minimum. ;)

*****

First up is this cutie from Alice Wertz. Eeek, penguins on a toboggan! My son tried his best to acquire this card for himself. He begged several times saying that it was for him, that my friend definitely sent it to him because it featured pinguini. Well, what was I supposed to say to that? No, I just couldn't give it to him! I told him I would put it up on the window ledge or the mantel and he could look at it from afar. He was really not happy with that. LOL

*****

This royal beauty is from Gay Peplow. The photo doesn't show it very well but the red border is velvet ribbon and the flowers are embellished with red glitter. The central embellishment is beaded and sequined. It's simply gorgeous!

*****

Next up is an awesome Chinese New Year (of the Dragon) card from Angela Hathikhanavala. She even included the dragon stamp from a•muse! I just love that glitter cardstock tucked in under the chevrons.

*****

I laughed when I received this Chinese New Year card from Meg Craig because she used the same dragon stamp that Ang used! I love that big silver embossed sentiment and the red woodgrain cardstock.

*****

Here's a super cool digital card from Lindsey M-P. How cute are those polka-dotted lanterns and the little dragon?

*****

I swooned over this Valentine's Day card from Emily Keaton! The cardstock is gorgeous and I had to ask her where she got it. DeNami Design was the answer. Isn't her stitching just perfect?

*****

Here's another card from Lindsey. Isn't it lovely? I love the shape and the way she used the kissing technique on the teapot and cup.

*****

This Valentine's Day card from Angela is so pretty! That border of tiny heart sequins is amazing and the airmail twine works so well with the sentiment.

*****

Sometimes when my son asks to stamp, he's not entirely in a 'do-it-himself' mood. In this case, I helped out a bit. He made all the cardstock and ink colour choices, and did the stamping of the bike and skunk. I did the die and fussy cutting of the bike and skunk, stamping of the speech bubble and hearts (with his instruction on where and how many LOL), plus the adhering. He said he didn't want a typical Valentine's Day sentiment and told me what to write. It was also his idea to make a skunk riding a bike and add washi tape. He loves that tape 'cause there are squirrels on it! On the inside, he wanted a heart of his choice and the scribbles say, "I love you." He gave this card to his Dad.

*****

This is the Valentine's Day card I threw together for my son. For some reason when there's a lot of red on a card, I can't get it to photograph well. I used the Paper Smooches bunny from A Little Lovin because it's his favourite. He said, "It's really, really, really cute!" and then tried to rip the bunny off the card.

*****

Here's the Valentine's card from my husband! That's supposed to be him and our son. So cute! I love that he mixed and matched penguins from The Stamps of Life and There She Goes! This isn't the first card he's decorated a corner with washi tape. You can see the other one HERE. Maybe it's going to be one of his signatures. :P

*****

This gorgeous vintage-style card is from Dawn Lotharius. I really love the burlap, label and beautifully coloured plants!

*****

Look at this stunning clean and simple card from Glenda Wyatt. Glenda and I have been enabling each other big time lately. I think we've both placed multiple orders with the same three stores this month? Even with this card, she makes me want those Spellbinders flower dies and Hero Arts sentiment set.

*****

Finally, here's the anniversary card from my husband! Just like he did at Christmas, he used a stamp I hadn't even inked up yet. This is Party Pals which was a Paper Smooches CHA release. Who can resist that smitten kitten with the ridiculously silly bunny? I love that he popped the balloon and I just noticed now that used my corner chomper! :O

Thank you for all of your wonderful cards!! I'll see you again tomorrow with some Paper Smooches goodness!

14 comments:

Glenda J said...

Lucky you - getting all these fabulous cards! Love that you get one from your hubby...
Thanks for the shout out... as for shopping & enabling, I have no idea what you are talking about... LOL!

walchowDesign said...

Lovely cards from all your friends, Emily! Your DH card is just adorable!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love that you feature all the cards you receive - so much fun to see YOUR fun mail :) And Little D and your hubby are some talented guys. I love that both of them get right into making cards too - and that you're brave enough to let them at your stuff!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Lovely to see these!! Such pretty cards!! And love it that you show them to us! Your hubby and son are very talented as well! Great to see!!
Hugs & happy day!
Wendy

Kary said...

Lucky girl to have so many great cards!! It's fun to see your son & husband's cards. They are pretty cool.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

Wow...those are some pretty neat cards:)

Annette Allen said...

aww how special...these are all amazing...thanks for sharing them.

Emily Keaton said...

What a beautiful collection of cards from family and friends, Emily!! You've been blessed :). Thanks so much for the lovely mention--you are too kind!!!

Dawnll said...

I love to see cards from all your friends and family! Thank you so much for sharing mine but I have to say I love your sons the best!!!
Oh how cute are his designs.

Isha Gupta said...

You have got some lovely cards. I like the one by your son and I think creativity runs in the family ;-)

Lindsey said...

Your mantel must be overflowing! So many sweet cards from friends and family.

Brenda said...

These are all amazing Emily! I am always so impressed by the creativity in your house!

missstamper said...

Wow - you are loved! Great cards!

Lisa Arana said...

oh my, look at all the fabulous happy mail. all the cards are wonderful.