Tuesday, August 14, 2012

{Paper Smooches} Thanks

Thank you for putting up with my silence for the past few days! We celebrated our son's fourth birthday this past weekend and I'm trying to catch up on so many things. I will find some time to blog all about that at the end of the week. In the meantime, Kim is sharing this card on the Paper Smooches Blog today! It features solid and outline petals and a sentiment from Daisies & Paisleys which was released earlier this month. This set is so much fun to play with because you can make anything with it and no two cards will look the same! My flowers are more like poinsettias than daisies but in complementary colours, they can fit any theme and in this case, a retro masculine thank you. First, I stamped the solid flowers and then offset the outline petals. Then I punched holes and inserted large eyelets in the centres of each flower. Finally, I placed gemstones inside those eyelets. The entire panel is popped up with foam tape on top of the card base.

Thanks for stopping by today! I will have more for you tomorrow. :)

Sources: SU Pool Party; AC textured brown cardstock; Gina K Designs pure luxury white cardstock; Paper Smooches Daisies & Paisleys; SU Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo, More Mustard & Pumpkin Pie inks; Memento Rich Cocoa ink; We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile & Standard Cinnamon Eyelets; SU Basic Rhinestones; foam tape

15 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Wow, I just love this card Emily! The stamping in solid and outline looks amazing, fabulous colours and the eyelets are brillant :)

Lindsey said...

I saw this on the PS blog earlier today, and loved it! It's just so classy-looking.

Annette Allen said...

wow this is totally adorable..i love those flowers and the outline is perfect...great card..

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the big eyelets & gems in the centre! Fabulous how crisp PS solid images stamp...gosh I love them :)

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card!!!

Heather said...

Emily, this is so pretty! I love how you turned what would be the typical flower petal! Absolutely a fantastic card, but I would expect nothing less from you as everything you create is simply fantastic! I hope you enjoyed your sons 4th birthday! My son turns 5 next month and I just can't believe how time really flies!

Isha Gupta said...

Wow!!! This is total Gorgeousness. Love your idea Emily.

Pryn said...

GORGEOUS card! Love the colors, the design...love it all!

Happy belated birthday to your son!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is an AMAZING card! LOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors and the design! FUN!

Helle said...

Love the classy, crisp look! Great card!

Glenda J said...

Gorgeous! Love this colour combo!

Lisa Arana said...

this is so crisp and fresh! love the layering of the stamps.

Anita Rex said...

Love what you've done with these stamps! Ilike how you stamped both the outline and solid, works so well! And I really like the eyelet with the rhinestone in the middle!

Jen W. said...

Such awesome graphic flowers and the gems inside the eyelets look so cool!

Alice said...

yummy colors. super card, Emily!