Monday, December 17, 2012

{Studio Calico} 09Dec12 Sunday Sketch


I love Christmas but all the prep work is exhausting! I wasn't feeling well all weekend and my son starting coughing again, too. I really miss being well when I'm sick. Oh, health, where are you? :) At least I had time to freely create. It's been ages since that's happened. I chose to play along with the December 9th Sunday Sketch on the Studio Calico Blog. It was great sketch and this is what I came up with, something bright and happy to negate the dreary weather and my mood!

I die cut the navy panel using the Stitched Mat Collection: Rectangles from Lil' Inker Designs, then cut banners from the Abroad 6x6 paper pack. I trimmed straight edges on the two largest ones but followed the lines on the chevron pattern using scissors. For the sentiment, I stamped the word bubble from Hey Y'All and words from Heyday Sentiments. Then I trimmed it and adhered it to the card with foam tape. I finished the card by adhering three wood veneer stars.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you all have a great start to your week.

Sources:

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Hope you start feeling better soon Emily! We've been going from hot to cold weather - back and forth - so the boys are all fighting colds. Love the mix/match of papers on your card.

Jessi Fogan said...

That sucks that you guys aren't feeling well again/still. It's a hard time of year to slow down & take it easy :( I hope you guys manage to...at least school will be out shortly :)
I love this layout - and the stars are too perfect for that sentiment!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful CAS card Emily! Love the stars. So sorry you aren't feeling well...we had illness this weekend too...just starting to recover. Thank goodness for a helpful hubby!

Brenda said...

Aah Emily! So sorry that you are feeling under the weather! I hope you get your strength back soon and that your little mister does not get sick too! I love this cheerie card and those gorgeous wood veneer stars!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Sorry you're sick again! I hope everyone gets better soon. Your card is stunning! I LOVE, LOVE the mix of patterned paper.

Pryn said...

This is a gorgeous card, Emily! I adore those wooden stars! I am so sorry to hear you are still not feeling well :( Sending you tons of get well hugs!

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

Sweet card. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Isha Gupta said...

Get well soon Em!!! Love your card :)

Lindsey said...

This is a very fun card! I really like the little veneer stars to finish everything off. (Are you better now, at least???)

Bethany Stellpflug said...

very neat Emily! I love the stars!