Friday, August 30, 2013

{Mama Elephant} Simply Wonderful


I was commissioned to make a last-minute wedding card for tomorrow. Based on the couple's wedding colours (shown at left), I came up with this design using Mama Elephant's Lovely Mums and Smitten stamp sets. I masked 'you are' off the sentiment and tucked it in between the petals. I tried to incorporate the green with cardstock, ink and twine but no matter what I tried, it looked terrible. In the end, I decided the card would be better without it. The buyer was pleased with the end result, which is what counts.


Thanks for stopping by today! Wishing you all a wonderful Labour Day weekend!

Sources:

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous wedding card, Em! Love the colours and the bold flower images. Of course the buyer was happy! ;)

Pamela said...

LOVE the simple design!! The colors are gorgeous

Tasnim said...

so pretty! love the simple design and the bold colors!

Anonymous said...

Glad she was happy!!
It is simply wonderful !!! :)) :))

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Oh WOW, that is SO pretty! I love all the white space, and how the flowers are at the TOP of the card; and the glittery silver strip on the side is gorgeous!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful card! loving the sparkle!

Aimes said...

What a lovely idea to use the colours of the wedding! Those sparkles add a touch of magic to this pretty card! :)

Jessi Fogan said...

This is stunning, Emily! I love the idea of using florals for a wedding card - I am thoroughly sick of using cake, I'll tell ya.