Thursday, October 26, 2017

{Lawn Fawn} Kitty-in-a-Snow-Globe Birthday Shaker


Hi, everyone! I'm back with another card from Kathy Racoosin's 30-Day Colouring Challenge. This one was for Day 10 when Ang, Linds and I featured Lawn Fawn's Meow You Doin'? stamp set, which is one of the cutest cat sets ever. I combined it with the Ready, Set, Snow and Ready, Set, Shake stamp sets, as well as the Ready, Set, Snow Shaker Add-On dies. By mixing and matching all of the Ready, Set, Snow sets, it's easy to transform a traditionally holiday/winter image into a shaker for all occasions!


I used the distress ink colours listed below to watercolour the snow globe, kitty and accessories. Then I added acetate behind the shaker panel and adhered the images in front of the acetate panel so there would be less glare and interference with the sequins. I used Pretty Pink Posh's Iridescent Mini Heart Confetti with Simon Says Stamp's Flat Moonshine sequins.


To create the background, I used a large acrylic block and the smooshing technique with the two grey inks. Then I used the brighter colours to flick splatter off the acrylic block on to two corners of the panel.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

3 comments:

Purple Princess said...

So cute!!

Lindsey said...

I happen to know that this card is even more amazing in real life! :)

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This kitten is just soooo adorable !!